Well, last, but not least. Actually, boring baby vegan that I am, I probably am least.
1. Favourite non-dairy milk?
Living Harvest Hempmilk, no question. If it didn't exist, though, I'd go with Vitasoy Green Tea or Vitasoy Holly Nog.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
My birthday cake, Christmas cookies, and Chili Sin Carne from Vegan with a Vengeance.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Melted Earth Balance and salt, obviously. Freaks.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
"Improvised" maple walnut cookies. They were very, very loosely based on an internet recipe that called for baking soda. That was pretty much all you could taste in the cookies. Blech.
5. Favourite pickled item?
I don't really like pickled anything... wait, are capers pickled? I can handle small quantities of capers.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Hmm. Right now, the whim says kale, pears, and chocolate.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My grandmother used to make hundreds of Christmas cookies each year, and that's not a child's exaggeration--she would make 4 dozen or so of at least four or five kinds. I was in cookie heaven. So were my many cookie-fiend uncles.
10. Favourite vegan ice cream?
The fruit-sweetened Soy Delicious, particularly almond-pecan. It hurts me that I can't find it anywhere near me.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
It's a tie between my cast iron pan and my immersion blender. I couldn't do anything in the kitchen without either.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cinnamon, without contest. But I'm also very fond of cloves, oregano, and yellow curry powder.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I had an Alphabet Cookbook when I was little (one recipe for every letter of the alphabet), and my mom and I always made pinwheel cookies from it together. When I go home over winter break, I'm going to try and find it and do some veganizing.
14. Favourite flavor of jam/jelly?
Toss up between raspberry and black cherry.
15. Favourite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
PPK Pumpkin chocolate chip bars.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I use tofu more, but seitan. It just has a better texture.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My electric kettle. We don't use it, my housemate has a better one.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Frozen strawberries, pita bread, lite coconut milk. Why I froze it in a plastic tupperware is beyond me.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Um... Birthday cake stuff, hempmilk, agave, soy yogurt, sprouts, salad greens
21. Favourite grocery store?
Open Harvest, a whole foods co-op in Lincoln, NE. I haven't lived in Lincoln for three and a half years,a nd I miss it like I miss my cat.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
I'm going to base my birthday cake on an online recipe. Veganizing it will be the least of the changes, though...
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Have Cake, Will Travel, Fatfree Vegan, and Where's the Revolution
24. Favourite vegan candy/chocolate?
Maya Gold. No question.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Whole organic vanilla beans, at $10 for two. Shoot me.